Flour-less banana carrot muffins that are so tender and flavorful, you’d never know they were made without flour, oil, or refined sugar. Gluten free and made with wholesome ingredients, they make a healthy and delicious breakfast or snack. These muffins are so easy to make and a perfect item to add to your meal preps for the weeks. Its the perfect amount of sweetness to add to your healthy and fit lifestyle!
- 1 1/2 cups (120 g) oats, gluten-free if needed
- 2 tbsp (14 g) ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tbsp (96 g) almond butter*
- 1/4 cup (80 g) honey
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla extract
- 2 medium-size ripe bananas, mashed (200 g or 1 cup)
- 1 cup (115 g) shredded carrots
How to make:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (176°C) and prepare a muffin pan by lining the cavities with parchment paper liners or greasing them well with oil. Set aside.
- Add all the dry ingredients (oats through salt) to a high-speed blender, and process on high until the oats have broken down into the consistency of a fine flour, about 10 seconds.*
- Add all of the remaining ingredients except for the carrots, and process on high until the batter becomes smooth and creamy, about 30 seconds. Periodically stop and scrape down the sides of your blender, if necessary.
- Transfer the batter to a medium-size mixing bowl (this makes it easier to mix in the remaining ingredients), and fold in the carrots by hand.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each one about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 18 – 20 minutes, until the tops of your muffins begin to turn golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. These muffins can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days, or frozen for up to 3 months.
SHOP THIS LOOK: